Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Praising God for the trials???

So my heart is breaking for my 11 year old. He tried to pull his first BIG lie.
Now I remember MY first BIG LIE. I was in the 4th grade and I wanted to get the gum that Mrs. Johnson was giving out for those that had completed their schoolwork for the day. I had NOT, but thought I could lie about it. I attended a small Christian school of about 50 kids, K-12. Everyone knew everyone. I told one kid (Paul W.) the truth and he told Mrs. Johnson and she told my Mom (who was a teacher there) and I got my gum taken away AND a spanking with the wooden paddle. Isn't it amazing what we remember when we really learn a lesson?
So I sat down and told this story to Ean. He laughed with me and we talked about how much bigger his lie had to get to keep making since and then completely fell apart.


As we were praying at bedtime he thanked God for caring about him SO MUCH that he would teach him this lesson. I was in tears!!

**When was the last time I thanked God for the trials?

**When have I seen them as a gift of His marvelous grace?

Mr. Ean is now grounded from the things he loves most....computer and video games. He is having to RE-do a project from school AND he is doing it  with a GREAT attitude.

**Have I learned my lessons AND displayed an attitude of forgiveness and grace?

**Have I been giving God the glory for the 'teaching moments'?


James 1:2-4 reads, 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1 comment:

  1. Your son blesses me and know I have tears. What a great lesson and reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete