Sunday, April 10, 2011

Overwhlemed!!!

What a wonderful day in the Lord!!
Have you ever had one of those days when you just can NOT stop smiling (or crying) with Joy? Today was that day for me.
I woke up after an amazing nights sleep. I think this was from pure exhaustion due to the fact that I did 98% of the Spring cleaning yesterday but none-the-less a restful night of sleep. Smile!
I checked email and got the funniest one for a dear friend making fun of my inability to save a file on my computer and there I was laughing myself out of bed. I had a peaceful morning getting the kids ready for church and off we went. Big Smile!!
The first of a sermon series for Pastor Ivan...Gospel. How good it is to hear the basics all over again. "Jesus loves me this I know. For the Bible tells me so." No matter what, you can come to Jesus and confess your need of Him and your future is filled with purpose. Not a bed of roses. Not instant riches, but a peace that passes all understanding. Tears of Joy and SMILE!!!
Went out for Mexican food and created more long lasting family memories. Played outside in 60 degree weather with the boys. Went driving with Kari (still alive so smiling). Watched a movie about Gods mercy and second chances. Still smiling!!!
Went back to church to an Evening of Commitment. Twenty-one people were baptized, some of them NEW believers in Christ. Three babies were dedicated to the Lord, one of the an adoption! And about 30 people becoming members of our church. Can you Get Any More Excited about what God is doing??!! Praise the Lord!!! SMILE!

I now sit on my porch, my favorite place to be, listening to the wind and rejoicing in the Joy of my Salvation, Jesus. Name above all names. Beautiful Savior and Friend.

God is good. He is good all the time.
www.edinbrookchurch.org


 

No comments:

Post a Comment