Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Balance

At first I was in shock, "Can it be?! Really?"
I was starting to feel - unbalanced. As a Mom we have so many responsibilities and when we get behind on one thing it takes days and sometimes weeks (mostly with laundry) to get back into the groove of life. But when the walls start to close in around you that is not God's plan.
God wants us to live a life of balance. A life that takes time for regeneration and renewal. Be Still and Know that I am God. He wants us to be able to focus and reflect. In a ciaos of mothering and in my case 'daughtering' and being a wife 24x7 I lean on my Jesus ever so dearly. We have to have that relationship with our Savior strong and ready to take on the emotional, physical and spiritual tasks that are mothering.
So...to get back to my surprise...I get a time AWAY!!! God has provided a way for me to spend a week in beautiful California. This is 100% lay by the pool, only do what I want/have-to kind of time. God took care of all the 'details' and I am really looking forward to going! I am starting to plan and think about what books to download onto the kindle...any suggestions?
Now to put this into perspective, I have a teenage daughter, a 5th grade son and 1 year old at home. I am called to be a wife first (so that carries it's own special requirements) and I have the privilege of having my aging mother here with me. I love the life the Lord has truly blessed me with and this trip proves His amazing goodness to me.
This is the hotel where I get to stay in San Jose. I am mostly looking forward to sharing sweet time with my Jesus and learning to better maintain that balance that He wants for me. 
What Joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord... Psalm 84:5

No comments:

Post a Comment