Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the Uncommon Woman

So, I have been reading this book by Susie Larson called the uncommon woman.

 
Over the last couple years the Lord has been showing me how my worth does not depend on how others see me, but as He sees me. Others will let me done. Others will seek to destroy my reputation. Others can spread untrue rumors. Others are NOT where I find my worth! I am a child of the King and ALL of my worth and value are found in Him!
Here is one of the many many MANY excerpts that really spoke to me;

"The thing that continues to amaze me about this Man Jesus is that He takes us - rags and all - and makes something of us. In His presence and by His leading, we turn from wimps to warriors, from being pretty to powerful. He turns our lives upside down, and then He equips us to turn the world upside down."

Isn't that fantastic?! This book was loaned to me from a friend and honestly I can only get through a couple pages a day. The Lord starts speaking to me and I have to reread paragraphs and pray. There is just so much truth, painful at times, but complete biblical truth.
At the end of each chapter she has a prayer and a declaration. This is the declaration that I have been praying every day for a week plus.

"I Declare in the Name of Jesus, that I am complete in Christ! I have discernment in how I relate to others, and I wisely walk away for the battles God has not called me to fight. I will not be bound or manipulated by others' opinion of me. Even when good people think I am bad, I will put my trust in Him. I refuse to look down, look back or wonder about my worth, because it is a settled issue! I will not engage in spiteful conversations, nor will I listen to gossip about anybody. I refuse thoughts of insecurity, and I will not engage in petty differences that will ruin my day! I am made for better things. I will love, I will forgive, and I will walk in the fullness Christ has made available to me."

Lord Jesus, Thank you for your faithfulness! I am Your daughter and I want to look like You in everything I do, say and AM!

In Christ,
Elaine
 

1 comment:

  1. I just love Susie Larson! What great truths, and so good that you are humble and open to hear what God is saying, I think that can be the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete