Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Too long.....

As I look at my 'to do' list and all that needs to be 'done' I realize IT'S OK! As moms there is so very much going in our lives. Some of us run the home, work outside the home, run a business and volunteer and... and... and... I could go on and on, but what is important? What is the fuel in your life that keeps you going? Are you fueled by rest-sleep? Are you fueled by chatting with friends? I know that those things are great for me, but are they the fuel that is what keeps me going? No, it is simply not enough!!  As I look at the 'to do' list I see the things that have NOT gotten done, but what is important are the things that HAVE.
1) I spent quiet time with my Lord this morning.
2) I played a game of scrabble with my mother. (two actually)
3) I wrestled with Collin David.
I have lived too much of my life worrying about what needs to get done and not what has been completed. Years ago at a MOPS conference I was in a class with Julie Patrick-Barnhill (fantastic author and speaker) and she said something that changed the way I parent and think about time, "In the relm of eternity, what does it matter?" Really?? God wants us to weight everything on His scale and realize it's true value. Not on the scale of this world.
So, I will keep the 'to do' list and continue the day to day joys of being a wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, giver, but God's scale is where I will place all that is important and look at it all though His eyes.

Let's look at our lists differently moms. Let's look at what is important to God and how it affects the lives we influence.

In Christ,
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment